Message Splitter Service: Interesting behavior of output mes

Posted by nweddle on 14-Jul-2008 09:34

Hello everyone,

I have observed some interesting behavior with the File Splitter Service (FSS). My ESB Process has two steps to execute after the FSS runs. The FSS emits all the messages required, however the messages don't follow the itinerary in the ESB Process. I have a custom validation Service that processes the messages from the FSS. If valid, they are passed to the next step in the itinerary, which is a call to an ESB Process. The messages never make it to the ESB Process. It seems that the FSS "wraps" the call to the next step, and ignores subsequent steps in the itinerary.

Please see the attached Word doc for more details and screenshot.

Is this the intended behavior of the FSS? How can I change this behavior? I would rather not have to refactor the last two steps out of the current Process into their own process.

FileSplitterServiceIssues.doc

All Replies

Posted by jtownsen on 15-Jul-2008 08:11

I've just done a quick test with 7.6 and don't seem to have any issues with a scenario like you describe. That said, I did have to change to true for my sample text file.

Can you tell us which version you're running? Can you tell us if the results of the FSS step is an XML file?

Posted by nweddle on 15-Jul-2008 08:15

Hi Jamie,

I should have provided my version in my first post. I am using 7.01 and the messages emitted from the FSS are XML. Because of that, I did not set wrapInXML = true.

Thanks!

Nathan

Posted by jtownsen on 15-Jul-2008 08:55

Unfortunately, I don't have 7.0.1 installed, so I can't test this, but feel free to test my sample and see if it's any better. Failing that, a call to Tech Support is probably your best bet.

splitConfig.split

testFile.txt

I guess you can figure out a process & sub-process

This thread is closed