Layout Wrapper

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 00:12

Layout Wrapper

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Is it much work for for you guys to add a new property (checkbox) to the layout "edit" area?

So we'd have the option to set the WRAPPER class name, and could (toggle on\off) WRAP the layout control in another div (instead of just appending the class to the sfcol div)...so that new div would get the wrapper class

Hi Steve,

I added your request for further consideration and we will see what can be done in the next releases about this. I logged your request with ID - 106762

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks, let me tell you how this need came about

I wanted to apply a CSS rounded box around a layout control.  So I added the wrapper class (and it appended it to sfCols)...but the layout in the page and designer have the box cut off to the right and hidden behind it's parent div...this is due to the wrapper needing some padding

HOWEVER, if the sfCols div is ITSELF wrapped....then this problem doesn't happen and it can scale nicely.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

This is definitely something I would love to see.  I can understand the need to automatically assign these for the designers that may not be as versed in css, but I am very particular on how I like to write my markup and would love the ability to opt out of having the columns automatically wrapped.

Doing some of the advance css techniques out there also becomes a hassle when you are going through all the nested divs trying to find which one is not inheriting your styles and then realizing it is an automated class that you need to account for.

Another addition I would like to propose is exposing a property to choose if the wrapper is set as an id versus class.  I have a lot of sites that I will be migrating over to this product and it makes things a lot smoother if I am not traversing through all my html replacing all my unique id wrappers with classes and then changing the css to reflect this change.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Stacey,

Thanks for your feedback. I have logged another task (108740) to make it possible to set IDs to layout widgets and their columns.

Kind regards,
Katia
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2012 00:00

Has there been any change to this. I'm still seeing our wrapper class applied to the sf_cols div which when adding padding throws off the layout because sf_cols want's to have a 100% width. As Steve said, if we can apply a wrapper wrapper div we can adding padding to the sf_cols div without worry.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

No changes have been made to this functionality, the css class is appended to the outer <div> with class sf_cols. The task is not scheduled yet and I cannot give timeframe when it will be released.

Greetings,
Katia
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed