Image and Page Selectors

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:23

Image and Page Selectors

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi There,

This is something that was soooo easy to do in Sitefinity 3.x. With SF 4 bragging about being easier for developers the process for adding an Image Selector or Page Selector to a Field of a Custom control (not even possible with a User Control anymore) has become extremely complicated for most users. I think if you added up all the hours that techs have spent in these forums explaining how this can be done and that it no longer works like it did in SF 3.x they could have instead spent that time and created out of the box options for these two very common features.

So my suggestion is to make it user and more importantly developer friendly to enable a custom field in a control to be populated by an image selector and a page selector. I would start with an easy way to add this in code and then as a next step make it an option when adding a dynamic field using the backed UI.

I'm sure there are a lot of users in the forums who would love to see this out of the box sooner than later.

Cheers,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Phill,

We started a session of posts in our blog about the selectors. The way that you can use a WebEditor in Sitefinity 4.0 is different from this one used in 3.x. In Sitefinity 4.0 you have to use ControlDesigner and all data is sent to the client component. In 3.x we used WebEditor attribute and all data was get/set with server side code and post back.

We will consider your suggestions and expose a way to use the base selectors easily.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00
This thread is closed