Data integrity for library items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 00:11

Data integrity for library items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I did raise a thread about this a long time ago, way before V4 was released, so I'm just following up to see where it is in the queue.

Currently a user can insert an image from the library into a page, and then go straight into the library and delete that image. Sitefinity needs to recognise when an item, whether it be a page, an image from the library, a news article etc has been referenced on a page or within a control. When the user goes to delete that item, if it has been referenced somewhere in the site, they should be prevented from deleting it and presented with a message.

I realise its probably not the easiest thing to do, but I'm sure lots of people here will recognise its importance in a content management system.

Any idea whether this is being addressed?

Thanks
higgsy

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Higgsy

You got my vote.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Vote here too!

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Alastair,

Thank you for the feature request - indeed it has been requested number of times. We have it logged, and moreover, put the basics of the API for that. It's called LinkedContent. We will use it for the first time in the Profiles, for example, if you are using an avatar from an image gallery, then try to delete that image, the system will warn you.
I'll see if we can push the implementations for the content items as well, in the near future. We are going to publish Q2 roadmap soon.

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Georgi,

Just wondering if there is a more definitive date for this feature?

Regards,

higgsy

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Higgsy,

We won't be able to release this before Q3. Still, we do not have a certain date for this feature.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed