Google Analytics

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:41

Google Analytics

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

Well Google Analytics is integrated big time in SF

Now there is a widget Google Analytics which you can drag to the page.

If this would have to be done for every page (unless you have it in masterpage) then it would be a hassle.

If it is like this. then you should be able to include the code in Analytics section and then have an advanced option in pages to use or not use the code.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

I am glad that you like our integration with Google Analytics.

We look forward to integrating the Analytics application much more in Sitefinity. We have plans for moving the settings and permissions sections from the Analytics to the Sitefinity settings and permissions pages. We also plan to include advanced settings for whether you want to track your page or not using Google Analytics which should be inherited from the Page Template as well.

If you have noticed with the SP1 release we now offer ability to copy the tracking code of the Analytics in the clipboard and simply past it in any Google Analytics widget dragged to a page or template. Therefore, we are aware of the current limitations and we will do our best to improve that in the upcoming releases.

Thank you for making these suggestions, and please let me know if you need any further assistance with our Analytics offering.

Greetings,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

It would be nice if you guys could bring in the time feature that is on the Google Analytics site as well.  We use the peak hours report to plan downtime and feature releases.  Of course, I can still go to the Google site, but it would be nice to have that in SF as well.  However, I am still figuring all the stuff in the new version.  If this already exists, then a pointer would be great.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

@Hristo

..... we will do our best to imporve that in the upcoming releases.

Are we going to see this in Q1 or is it planned for Q2. If not could you please put it into PITS so we can vote?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Markus and Allen,

Thank you for raising this issue that the Sitefintiy Analytics doesn't have ability to track visitor trending by hours, I have logged your feature request in our Issue Tracker, so that you can vote and raise its priority. I have also logged Markus request for having a better option for tracking or not tracking a page with Google Analytics in our  Issue Tracker.

We will do our best to include these features in our upcoming releases. Thank you for contacting us and please let me know if you have any other questions related to the Analytics application.

Kind regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed