Cutsom Template (master) Thumb

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:10

Cutsom Template (master) Thumb

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2011 00:00

Is it planned to have the possibility to add a custom thumbnail for custom templates in Q1?

It would be kind of nice to have a visible as well as the title.

Regards Markus

PS: Please start adding stuff to PITS so we can see what is on in pipeline!!

Hello Markus,

We are planning to add thumbnails in the templates grid, but in the beginning they will be only for the templates in Sitefinity. For custom templates the thumbnail will be the same.

We have such task in our plans, to make possible adding your own custom thumbnails but this will not be implemented for Q1 definitely.

P.S. You can check the blog post about PITS, prepared by Gabe Sumner http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/gabesumner/posts/11-02-28/follow_the_status_of_your_sitefinity_requests_amp_vote_to_make_your_voice_heard.aspx
and I hope you will find the answers to your questions regarding PITS.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Thanks Antoaneta

Unfortunately, it is mentioned only that support ticket and approved feature requests will make it to PITS, and not bugs and feature requests reportet on the forum.

Since I see only 18 http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/2011-q1 on this page I think staff mast be a bit behind - Since I think there are more then only 18 bugs remaining in SF and if you count the many feature requests there should be defenitely more.  :-)

And why are there two buttons request feature and report bug if you can not request a feature or report a bug in PITS?

Anyhow

Thanks for the feedback.

How does it work?

1. Telerik support officers evaluate all support tickets, and log confirmed bug reports and approved feature requests in PITS. If an issue reported by you is logged, you will receive a link to the PITS issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

March Post

Any news on this. How can one set a thumb to a custom template. Preferably an easy solution and not an hack :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

++1

I'd love to be able to pick an image or set a css class when creating a new template PLEASE :)

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

+1 from me as well. Small issue but very useful for end users. I'll +1 it again to show that it's an important feature.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Kmac, Steve, Marcus,

Please vote for this in PITS to raise its priority. The ID is 6111

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

Sorry Antoaneta

But 80% of all times when I click on the PITS links I get an "sorry it seems our server has an error" I am also tired of having to vote on PITS. Either Telerik thinks its a good idea or not.

Lets say we get 30 votes for it. Can we expect it in the next release? We have stuff on PITS with many votes which we will probably not see in the next 12 month.

Maybe one day I will read that much of the anticipated stuff made it to an release until then I simply live with what we got.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thanks you for your feedback. I checked the PITS issue 6111 and it opens fine. There might be some problems with the PITS system and we are fixing them ( currently PITS runs under BETA). Anyway, before each planning we are checking the pits issues and sorting them by votes. There is no certain number of votes that will put an issue or feature in the next sprint. There are two criteria - priority of the issue, votes on pits. As always we are trying to fix as much as possible issues on each internal or official release.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2011 00:00

@Telerik

PITS has been beta for a long time and if I remember correct there was talk about improvments. From the 5 times I clicked on the link in my mail I got the following results
1st time it worked
2nd time I got error
3rd throuhg 5th I got the not scheduled view

www.marktold.com/screencast/pits_01.swf
www.marktold.com/screencast/pits_02.swf
www.marktold.com/screencast/pits_03.swf
www.marktold.com/screencast/pits_04.swf

Fist I though it had to do if I am logged in or not but that was not reproducable.

@All others

Please vote on PITS and try to raise this issue. Its not a big deal (rather have bugs fixed) but it will sure be a nice feature for the clients to see what they are choosing. Better usability.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Thank you for contacting us!

Currently we are working on a brand new PITS system and we are in the last phase of bug fixing, which means that very soon it will be released. The specific issue you mentioned is already fixed in the new version, so please stay tuned for the upcoming release!

Regards,
Atanas
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,

Can I just make a quick suggestion that is along the lines of Master Pages. At the moment (at the time I last looked) the Page Templates are all listed in one level list. But some Master Pages are built on top of another Master Page. It would make sense to me therefore to have some kind of a tree-view listing where you can have Master Pages that are based on another, listed under that Master Page that it is based on. E.g. If MasterTop has Master1 and Master2 based on it, have them grouped under MasterTop. It will look much nicer and less populated. Since you cannot really have a MasterPage based on more than one other MasterPage, then I think it would be easily achievable.

Thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Andrei,

I have logged this feature request to PITS: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/8330. Your Telerik Points are updated.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2012 00:00

Any news on this?

For everyone who has not voted yet but would like to see that anytime 2012 please vote herehttp://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/6111

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2012 00:00

No news, at least I have not heard any.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Another request for 5.2

I was under the impression that it would not be to hard to add an extra field on template creation where you can set an images path or select an image from a library.

This is another thing that might be  a small step for SF but a big usabilty step for SF end-users.

Markus

This thread is closed