Library Browser Widget Popup - Images - Really, Really long

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:05

Library Browser Widget Popup - Images - Really, Really long load time.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

I'm working on a site with lots of images and pages.
Every time I need to drop an image on a page I have to wait literally a minute or two for the image browser to load - then, because it's only showing a couple images from the 'All Images' list, I have to drill down to an album, which takes another half minute (depending on the size of the album). Not sure why, but performance is really poor.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

We know about this issues. If you use Sitefinity 4.0 SP1 the Image Control has a pages, so you should see about 20 items ( this is the page size we set). We are going to make some other performance improvements for the Q1 which is going to be released in about 2-3 weeks.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Hey Ivan,

Ever considered that image lazyloading plugin that Scott Hanselman uses on his blog where it doesn't download images not in view? (or within the threshhold)

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

The latest Sitefinity internal build introduces media performance optimizations. We will continue to work on further optimizations though. Can you check if the upgrade fixes the performance problems with the Images?

We will consider the lazy loading plugin while doing the optimizations.

Best wishes,
Milena
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Milena,
  Is there a way to download the internal build if I am currently using the demo? I am contracting for a company and we are building the site for a client who will be getting the license any day now. I didn't see it in my account download area (just lists SF SP1 March,2 build).

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi ,

You can download the LIB using this link.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hrrmmmm the link didn't seem to work (tried correcting the typo too)?
Here's what I'm seeing: Am I missing it somewhere?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello ,

Your screenshot clearly shows that you have access to the LIB.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2011 00:00

Maybe I wasn't clear, I'm already using the march 2nd SP1 build, and it is tremendously slow, even when deployed to the live server. The database I know has inflated to a massive 1.2 GBs, and we're barely storing that much, although there are a lot of images (~200 - all compressed jpg/pngs with no single one > 100KB).

Since this is a suggestion thread...
Could you make the image dialog, for existing images, just a 2 drop downs, one for album and the other to select the image (no thumbnail), then optionally, via link button, show the gallery. That way we don't have to deal w/ the gallery loading thumbnails and can just get straight to it unless we want to browse by gallery? At this point the gallery is basically unusable for us and our client.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

The bug was fixed in an internal build, not in SP1. This means that you will either see it if you upgrade to the latest internal build, or if you upgrade to Q1, when it becomes available.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed