Content Reporting and Dynamic Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:28

Content Reporting and Dynamic Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2011 00:00

It would be nice if Sitefinity offered out of the box aggregated content reporting.  We have thousands of pieces of content with custom metadata fields.  I would like to see the ability to generate reports (of all content types) based on custom metadata fields.  It would allow content writers to find stale content and other actionable information.  You have some reporting cababilities on a per content type basis but nothing offering aggregated reports.

Are there any capabilities to create dynamic pages in Sitefinity?  Essentially, what I want to do is assign a page template to a content type (e.g. news) and specify a URL for a news item.  So when a request comes in, Sitefinity finds a matching content type and renders it on the specified template.  This would alleviate the need to create a new page for every piece of content.  I assuming this would be possible if you can hook into the routing engine of Sitefinity.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Shawn,

1.I logged a task for reporting capabilities and we are going to review it on the next planning. We are going to have shared content in 4.1(Q1) and option to see on which page you  have added the shared content.

2. All pages in Sitefinity are dynamically created. The news item url is formatted based on the page on which you have NewsView. The NewsView widget has a control DetailsViewHyperLink which resolves the url using DataResolver.Resolve. So you need a page with NewsView control on it. One of the options to change the page theme is creatinga custom PageRouteHandler that inherits from where you can override GetHttpHandler.  you might find this how to useful

www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-how-to-set-the-theme-of-a-page-at-runtime.html

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Is there the ability to use the Fluent API to query all content items in Sitefinity?  Currently, it appears you have to iterate through all the Module specific providers and perform individual queries and aggregate the data.  Is there a wrapper for all content items? 

I need to build some reporting mechanism into Sitefinity.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hi Shawn,

We do not have a method that works without a provider and that gets all items.You can get all items from a given type using App.WorkWith().AnyContentItem<T> or AnyDraftFacade

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed