Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:00

Image Dialogs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

Good day to you all.

Lets see if this makes sense to any of you:

Content block insert image

1) Default should be from allready uploaded
2) when mouseover more info (if you have thumb and big, you would not know which is which)
3) Save last used library. Often you want to insert 1-n images so it would be nice if the dialog would remember where you last searched for

Regards Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for the valuable suggestions. As always, they make sense and we will try to address them in some of our future releases.

What I cannot absolutely agree with you is that the default state must be From already uploaded. The reason From your computer to be selected by default is because most of the users would want to upload their images on the go.
We realize that every user and every project has their own use case so adding a user setting (not only in this case) would be a nice solution.

Your Telerik points have been updated.

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Dear Antoaneta

Well its probably a toss up about what should be default.

But if you think about it

a) Upload a logo once - used a lot of times
b) Upload a product image  once - used a lot of times
c) Maybe in the future (if not yet possible) you can have a role that only can choose but not uploade
d) Maybe you want to make sure that the user checks if an image exists before wildly uploading stuff

So I stick to it 51% allready uploaded as defautl 49% as upload from computer.

Markus :-)

I would agree with Markus here, on all his points and especially the default to Already Uploaded. I have never uploaded an image using the image widget, I always bulk upload a bunch of images at once (either to image library or in SF 3.7 to images folder in file system via ftp). Just like Markus suggests that the dialog should remember the last selected Library maybe it should remember if it was used to upload to to select existing. This would keep both sides happy I would think and make the widget much more efficient and useful. I also wish that it would default to no album selected or the first album selected and not all images as it slows things downs for no reason.

Cheers,
Phill

Hello,

Thank you both for participating in this discussion. I appreciate the feedback you are giving us.

To be precise I would like to mention that after an internal discussion we had we think that it makes more sense to have From already uploaded selected by default  in the Image widget (in page editor).
In the content block it is more appropriate to keep From my computer as a default state. Our expectation is that most of the users would want to upload a brand new image that does not exist in any library there.

Of course this is not the end of the conversation so I will forward this suggestion to our UX team and will let them make the final decision.

I would also like to mention that we have already prepared a list with improvements in the Image widget. When the implementation is ready you will find most of your suggestions applied.
This task is already logged in our system. You can follow its status in PITS. The ID is 4950

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Thanks for the feedback.

However I still disagree with content block (I never use the image stuff anyhow). Sorry, but I think the PITS number you gave does not resemble my ideas at all.

I am sure if more developer who know the end clients would vote on this you would see that you never ever want to give an upload option if maybe something is already on the server.

Have them look for it first and if its not there uploade it.

Its like you controlling PITS so we do not upload the same stuff 100 times over and over again.

Anyhow thanks for taking the matter up and have a nice evening.

Markus

Hi

I also agree about always defaulting to already uploaded, and this suggestion...'I also wish that it would default to no album selected or the first album selected and not all images as it slows things downs for no reason.'

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Richard Cross,

Thank you for contacting us.
As i mentioned in my previous post in this tread, our UX team has prepared some improvements in the Image widget which will help you all to work with your albums nad images more quickly and efficiently.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Thanks for all the information...

This thread is closed