Sketchy wish list

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 05:08

Sketchy wish list

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

I'm sure more will come later, but here are my suggestions:

-Activate RadGrid settings in the admin side for content items (ie, sorting and filtering your news entries)

-In the advanced widget property editor, automatically display Category, DisplayName, and Description ComponentModel attributes in the page edit mode.

-Enable the widget property editor to also display dropdowns for enums and booleans.

-Provide widget property attributes for page, image, docs, and content selectors

-Hide sensitive connection string data in Administration > Settings > Advanced > Data > Connection strings. Why even allow to update at runtime? Optional encryption would be great here.

-Remove the themes folder out of the App_Data folder. That is a sacred folder, and why the unnecessary re-routing just to get to styles and images out?

-Error viewing and notification

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Hello Basem,

Thanks for your feature requests. 
I have logged some of them, while others are already logged :). I'll provide you with a bit of a feedback on some of the topics:
-Hide sensitive connection string data in Administration > Settings > Advanced > Data > Connection strings. Why even allow to update at runtime? Optional encryption would be great here.

This is something we must do. At the moment, the settings screen is reading the entire configuration data and constructing the UI dynamically.

-Remove the themes folder out of the App_Data folder. That is a sacred folder, and why the unnecessary re-routing just to get to styles and images out?

One of the reasons why we moved the themes to the App_Data is that you do not have permissions usually on the App_Themes directory, but only over the App_Data. One of our future plans is to have the marketplace integrated into the product, which will allow browsing and installing stuff on the fly. We need writable access in other words. We will consider it though, but in either case, we could support both, since we need to keep the backward compatibility.

Thanks for your time describing the features.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed