Document item search on any roadmap?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 01:42

Document item search on any roadmap?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Inside the Document content items I mean (pdf, word, etc)

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

This request is logged in PITS you can vote and follow the status there. It is on the roadmap for a release of Sitefinity in 2011.
We will review it on some of the next planning meetings discussing modifications to search in the backend.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hmm, that pits item makes it sound more like searching for "Document.doc" or "*.doc"

I would like the ability to search for the string "steve" which could exist INSIDE Document.doc

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Sorry for misinterpreting your previous description. This functionalty for searching in the contents of the document is planned and we will be working to provide it in a Sitefinity release this year.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hello,
will the search inside PDF and doc be present for 4.2 release?
Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hello Paolo,

We won't have this feature in Q2 release. We need to consider possible time frame for this implementation on the next panning. The road map will be updated accordingly when we decide when the feature will be included.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2012 00:00

Just to update this thread, it is on the roadmap for 5.1 release (as at 17 April 2012)

Snippet:

Publishing System and Search improvements

• Ability to search in Docs/PDFs/Libraries;

Duplicate Post - error when submitting the first time!

Keep in mind though, Roadmap just has it planned, it might not make 5.1...remember multi-page forms a few releases ago? :)

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2012 00:00

I think this feature was mentioned at the Sitefinity and Beyond yesterday in London. It is definitely coming soon. Once again, no dates as usual, but i think it is very soon.
Andrei

@Andrei
  Were you there?  Can you elaborate a bit on this and other things that were talked about?

@Steve Yes I was there. It was quite good actually. Loads of opportunities to ask questions. I was a bit disappointed with the turnout. About 100 people, that's not much. I was expecting many more. If they do it again next year, I would recommend you go. The Clinic was good, sitting down with someone from Sitefinity and going through your challenges face to face is always good.

Well here are some of the minutes from my notes if you like:
 - 5.1 is all about optimization mostly (2 teams in Sitefinity out of all 6) are dedicated to optimization and memory consumption. Ivan Osmak thinks they can get it down to 250MB for the  lighter editions.
- There will be a checkbox list of all the modules available at install time to chose what you want installing and what you don't want installing (services too). If you want you can install something at a later point if you changed your mind.
- Document search of course coming in 5.1 which is planned for end of June / start of July.
- Thunder got a big push with all sorts of cool features, but there is a webinar coming up so won't go into details. but themes and custom widgets are a bit more fun now.
- Sharing content blocks on different master pages, and some other stuff was the "Be a hero" session at the end, which was quite useful.
- Everything else is stuff that we can play with already, only it will be improved and fixed where applicable.

The facilities and the constant refreshments was brilliant. It was just fun to see the people behind the scenes and chat with them. Overall, things are looking up I think. Of course the issue about the price was raised, without any success though. So no major features in this release coming but loads of improvements instead. A SP is planned to be released within weeks I think.

That's about all I think.
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2012 00:00

Ping?

For now, we have to use an external search service because of this limitation, which is a time sink.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2012 00:00

@Thomas  Document search was in SF as of 5.1, so we've had it for months.  Is this what you mean?

This thread is closed