Image Widget improvements

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:13

Image Widget improvements

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hi there

Well to be honest I never understund why you would use the image widget instead of a content block with one image in it.

Image widget

a) No alt text adjustments as far as I know (what you have in the library is taken)
    Once we are able to store on file system where would the alt come from

b) No change to change size. I know images should be uploaded in the size they are, but sometimes you might want to show something smaller

c) No ImageMaps

d) no spacing, aligning, border, links

Maybe this could be some improvements or someone could inlighten my when its better to use the image widget then the content block with one image in it.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for contacting us.

You have a point, definitely. Currently, the Image Widget is not as functional as we want it to be but as I stated before, we are working hardly to improve it. Hopefully in the Q2 release you will find renewed and more functional Image widget that is worth using.

Most of the options marked in your post will be there. 

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2011 00:00

Well the Image Widget still has no right to be there since it does nothing at the moment the content block does.

So why not add some functionallity

Select an image (thumb) and have on click large overlay. Kind of a 1 image image gallery

How about adding the ability to select a library and then have the images selected randomly maybe with the possibility to go through the library left and right.

These are the two most comment tasks I think an user would look for.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for the valuable suggestions. Our UX team will take them in mind while working on improvements.

500 Telerik points are added to your account

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

Dear Antoaneta

Are we going to see any image widget improvments in 4.3?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

Yes, some of the improvements will be included in the next major release. For example, there will be a tooltip over the image where you will be able to see the image name and size, you will be also able to crop and resize images.

I hope this will improve the overall user experience of the widget.

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

Thanks Antoaneta

This gives the widget a right to exist.

When you will crop the image is the original perserved?
Will we see those in the libraries?
Can cropt images be reused?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

Please find my answers in green below:

When you will crop the image is the original perserved?
You will be able to decide whether to keep the original image or not.

Will we see those in the libraries?
Yes.

Can cropt images be reused?
Yes, you will see them in the image library as the other images.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Dear Anotaneta

Thanks for the great news. Now all we got to have is this feature in 4.3 and many more in 4.4

Markus

Hello Markus,

Yep, these improvements are scheduled for 4.3, and of course, many more are coming in 4.4 :).

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed