Upgrade License questions

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 07:18

Upgrade License questions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hope someone can clear this up for me.

If I am correct each version now has its on license. So 4.2 will need a new license.

I order to upgrade I will have to do two things

a) upgrade the project and transfer the files to the server
b) update license on the server

Since this can not be done at the very same time I was wondering

Assuming you have about 100 visitors per minute

1) what happens if you do a) before b)
2) what happens if you do b) before a) 

If any of the above would cause a problem or the risk of a trial message I would vote for that each license should be valid for current and current -1 version. 

So you could do a) before b) without problem

Simply uploading the files probably causes troubles. How should this done best. 

- Risk of error
- Temp page "We are back in 3 min"

How do you do it?

Markus

Hi Markus,

1. You can create a temp redirect to a subdomain of your domain where you have a copy of the website until it is upgraded and uploaded. In this case you will not get the trial message and you will have enough time to upgrade and move the project to your production

2. You can upgrade the website database on the production if you have needed rights.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Ivan

I don't understand what you are sugesting under 2)

Would it be possible to consider the idea that a license is valid for the current version + current.version -1 ?

Markus

This thread is closed