Flash Files upload

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 08:48

Flash Files upload

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

According to this page http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/kb/sitefinity-4-x/inserting-swf-flash-files-into-a-content-block.aspx

In order to include Flash files you need to

a) create a folder /Files
b) need to upload the .swf by ftp

This is not consistent with the rest of SF

I think there should be a section - Content - Flash (like images, videos and stuff) where users can upload flash files and link them later. I for one have a lot of 360 degree panorama images in flash.

Markus

Hi Markus ,

The problem is that the Flash Manager is the default one that comes with the RadEditor. For most of the managers we have wrappers that get items from Images and Documents module. We are going to consider implementing some wrapper that will handler your case.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Ivan

Thanks for the feedback. Well the good thing about SF should be that its from the same firm as the RadControls :-)

Just glad if you see my point that uploading and including flash files is at the moment not easily possible for end-clients.

a) the develeoper would have to remember the /files folder  (/images was not such a good idea)
b) the user would have to FTP the files

Any insconsistency makes it harder to develop and you will have more support request.

So after all creating a wrapper might be some work for you but in the end will improve the product and reduce support and make the whole SF experiance better.

Markus

This thread is closed