Move publish/unpublish from more actions to title & prop

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:16

Move publish/unpublish from more actions to title & properities

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Sorry this is another - I thinks nobody thought about the workflow item.

For me the settings for publish unpublish a page should defenitely be under title & properties and not under "more actions" why?

a) when you create a page and you know that you want to have it shown at a certain time then you set it right in the beginning.

Fill in the from with .now and leave the till empty

b) It is cumbersome to first create a page, then have to know that you have to click on more actions and then publish. publish/unpublish dates are no action to me.

c) to be honest I only found this function because I had to click on the button because the workflow does not show the send for approval button before you save as draft.  Which by the way I think someone not able to publish can not set the date. That's another thing you might have to discuss. Does the publisher have to set the date or simply approve the date set by an editor.

Glad to hear what other think about moving the dates for publishing/unpublishing a page to Title & Properties.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

One more thing

If you want to change the publishing date/time settings you need to go to

Actions - Content -> More Actions

instead of

Actions - Titles & Properties

or even better

Actions - Schedduling or something as sperate point!

-------------
Anyone backing me up so this could go to PITS?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for the feedback. I would  also love to see what other clients think about your suggestion.

We are definitely not going to move the Publish/Unpublish actions to Title&Properties. There you can set some page properties or to edit the page title, that is why it will not be a good approach to have actions like publish and unpublish.

As always, we will discuss your suggeston and other possible options internally.

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Dear Antoaneta

Thanks for the feedback. If I had to programm such a thing then in my simple mind

The DataBase would look like this

PageID
PageTitle
PageContent
PageShowFrom
PageShowTill

If not schedulet

PageShowFrom = 01/01/1900
PageShowTill = 01/01/3011

If scheduled then accordingly. And look for pages where date.now is between PageShowFrom, PageShowTill

So for me it would not have been an action put a value/property you would set.

Just as you use the ShowInNavigation checkbox

------------
You had your reasons I am sure.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for the comment. As I have mentioned we are working on this and I hope you will like the end result.

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed