Admin Skip Workflow / Pages for Approval

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:34

Admin Skip Workflow / Pages for Approval

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Admin can skip the workflow wich I think is ok.

The question for me would be if it might be better even though they can skip the workflow if they should go through all the clicks. Send for approval, approve, publish as in 3.7

Pages waiting for approval seem to appear under drafts. I think it would be better to split drafts and pages for approvel into to seperate filters

Darfts
Waiting for Approval

And I think it would be good if the number would appear behind the filter

Drafts (1)
Waiting for Approval (3)

Otherwise you would have to flip through the filter to see if you need to approve something.

Also the mail mail notification that a page awaits approval is still a bit spartanic. Can this be configured easily to show more. Like the page name and structur, who saved the page and stuff like this. or even a direct link (when logged in) to approve.

Imagine 300 pages and you get a mail 1 page awaits approval. How do you go about it.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

If the Allow administrators to skip the workflow option is not selected, they will be forced to go through all the required steps in the worklflow before publishing.

Currently we do not have an Awaiting approval filter in pages. We are aware of this problem and we have this issue logged for fixing.

We realize that current email notifications are not what they should be, but the implementation of such feature is complicated and it is not scheduled yet. Now we are more focused on fixing critical issues.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Dear Antoaneta

The question was more if an admin should have to go through the clicks of send for approval and publishing but beeing able to do so.

It is not necessairy and I often thought of it as supid on 3.7

BUT

Maybe there are more then one admin and they kind of want to check each others stuff (without having to open a second user for them)

It would somehow show that there is a workflow even if admin can skip it.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

I agree with you that even the admin is allowed to skip the workflow he should be able to see that the workflow is ON.
I will forward your request to our UX team and they will think of a solution.

Your Telerik points have been updated.

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed