Custom Controls without standard box

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 00:57

Custom Controls without standard box

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

What is that huge block?
When I create my custom control it is dragged onto the surface and there is this big block element on the canvas. I have made some simple custom controls that basically hold a formatted link. 

For example. I create a list item as a custom control. 

<custom control>

<li> <a href='<%# NavigateUrl'><%# LinkText %></a></li>

Then in the  page I create a simple placeholder within the list.

<ul>
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolderFormattedLinks" runat="server" >
</ul>

This certainly works. I can register my user control and start dragging links into the template. However, this list becomes a massive section of blocks that you can't see properly until runtime. It would be nice if there was a light-weight user control that allowed us to have the code render just as it would at runtime rather than all the designer bulk. You could easily add a mouseover to view the context menu for these items.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will log it and consider it as a feature implementation. Currently you can create a custom widget that works in a similar way as CotnentBlock where you can inject your links. You can expose some custom properties or a single property of type string that you can serialize.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed