LDAP User List - Suggestions

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 05:24

LDAP User List - Suggestions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

A couple of suggestions which would make my life so much easier

1) LDAP Users Administration

We have 1000+ domain user accounts, when I go to the user page to give someone special access, I need to go page by page till i find them.  can be quite time consuming.  Even with page skipping if they are on page say 78 I need to go, pages 11,21,31...71,78 to get to them.

My section is to have a filter option next to username, name and email.  This would save a lot of time.

2) Changing default views.
Is there an easy way to change the default view and sort order of the user table.  Probably not so much of a problem if the filtering was avalible, but till then another big plus.
I always want it in Grid View and sorted by username.

Regards
Byron

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

Hello Byzza,

Thank you for the valuable suggestions.

1) LDAP Users Administration

We have 1000+ domain user accounts, when I go to the user page to give someone special access, I need to go page by page till i find them.  can be quite time consuming.  Even with page skipping if they are on page say 78 I need to go, pages 11,21,31...71,78 to get to them.

My section is to have a filter option next to username, name and email.  This would save a lot of time.

Could you please specify in more details what is your scenario and which screen you are looking at? In the Users screen you can only assign/unassign a user to a role. To grant specific permissions you should go to Permissions screen, where there is a search box and you can easily find the user you are looking for.
Additionally, we are planning to add a Search functionality in the Users screen (the same as it is in Content).

2) Changing default views.
Is there an easy way to change the default view and sort order of the user table.  Probably not so much of a problem if the filtering was avalible, but till then another big plus.
I always want it in Grid View and sorted by username.

Currently you can change the view by using the two small buttons which are on the right side, above the grid (see the attached screenshot). This setting will work only in you current session, it cannot be saved as a default view. 

Your Telerik points have been updated.

Regards,

Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed