Widget Template Versioning

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:16

Widget Template Versioning

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2011 00:00

1) When will we be able to rollback widget templates?
2) When will we get an editor textarea that doesn't wrap (RadEditor HTML Mode with HtmlIndenting perhaps?)
3) More advanced editor (as in color coding)?

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Improvements in widget templates will be considered during the planning for Q3. 

I have logged your requests in our Issue tracking system where the community can vote for them and you can track the status. The respective links are below:

• 6310: Widget Templates: Add Versioning and option to roll back 
  • 6311: Widget Templates: Provide editor textarea that doesn't wrap
  • 6312: Widget Templates: Implement more advanced editor

Providing an editor textarea that doesn't wrap seems an easy task which we can plan sooner provided that we use RadEditor. It will help to have your explanation as to why wrapping is a problem for you currently.

Thanks in advance for contacting us.

Regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

Ah good thanks :)

I think you have a bug here though, those are bad URLS :)

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

@ Kalina

As well as when you create a new widget template it should have all code that is needed anyhow included.

At the moment I still open an existing, copy the code over to my new widget template and start amending it.

I am lost if I have reported this, if this has been added to PITS or even if other think about it the same way.

Markus

PS: The given links don't seem to work

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

Yes, agreed...this is also annoying :)

I'm also finding it hard to know which CONTROLS to use in the widget designer.  We get the nice helpers for the meta fields, but there's also controls for comments, linking to detail pages, etc which I'd like to be available to me as well.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello,

Please excuse us for the inconvenience, you can check the PITS items now, the links have been updated.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2011 00:00

I'm also going to append another issue to this in that I can only seem to have ONE download list template...I'm unable (like in the events widget) to create a new one in the UI.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2011 00:00

@steve

I have voted for download list templates as well http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/download-link-download-list-dokuments-and-files.aspx

Answer was plans - yes, scheduled yet - no.

Hope we see this on PITS as well so we can vote on it.

Markus

PS: tried to contact you but your contact form on you site seems not to work :-)

Ahhh, damn, thanks for reporting that markus :)

Side effect of the layout controls with multiple IDs bug....I haven't updated to 4.1 yet...I will fix in the meantime, and perhaps start emailing myself on crashes.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Multiple controls with the same ID 'Div1' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

@Steve

I guess eventually you will have to upgrade to 4.1 :-(

Markus

PS: tried to contact you on your site, form did not work - send me an mail (mb @ marktold dot com)

Yeah, sorry I was just in the process of deleting the offending duplicate layout control...seems to be submitting now.

The issue is when you have duplicate layouts and a POSTBACK occurs...if there's no postback, then all appears to be normal.  This is mostly sorted out in the newer builds, which I have yet to upgrade to since this is crappy shared hosting :)

This thread is closed