Expanding the Category\Tags Fluent API

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 00:15

Expanding the Category\Tags Fluent API

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2011 00:00

Can someone spend their lunch hour to give us an easier way to query based on categories and tags?

App.WorkWith().Events.InCategories("Special Days").WithTags(new List<string>()"2010","2011");

...or something like that

PLEEEEASE... :)

Hello Steve,

Using the fluent API, you should work with GetValue DataExntessions methods. Please check this thread

www.sitefinity.com/.../query-library-items-by-tag.aspx

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hey Ivan,
  That's what I mean...

So while it is being done in the context of Fluent, it's hardly fluent.  The amount of posts on the subject should be enough for someone to just want to wrap them into a fluent method.

Fluent should be self describing....

So for example this

.Where(ci => ((IList<Guid>)ci.GetValue("Category"))
...is just a Linq predicate, isn't self describing at all.  We can guess at what it does, but if you had to come back to it in 3 months after only doing it once, you'd have to re-google how to do it.

Where if you wrapped it into

.InCategory("CategoryName")

...that's much much nicer (I'm sure you'd agree?)

Hello Steve,

Yes, I agree with you and this is why where are making fixes each week and trying to improve developers and users experience.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Great, I'll give it a whirl on this project with the predicate.

But can I please get a PITS# or new PITS issue on Category\Tag Fluent method\helpers please :)

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Here is the PITS url.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed