Disqus Comments

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:39

Disqus Comments

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Folks,

A suggestion was made in the 3.x Sitefinity forums for Disqus Comments  integration with Sitefinity.

www.sitefinity.com/.../disqus.aspx

Is this something that is possible? If it's not something Telerik wish to support could it be done ourselves using a custom developed Module? Maybe this type of thing could make a good webinar/blog post example for one of the evangelists? Or are there existing resources I could use to point me in the right direction.

Would others find this useful? I certainly think that it would be great to have as an option.

Best wishes

Austin

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Austin Dimmer,

Thank you for suggesting Disqus for integration with Sitefinity. We have look into the product and it seems fairly easy to integrate the front-end side of the comments with the javascript snippet exposed by Disqus in their API here. However, creating a native Sitefinity module that controls acts as administrative panel for the Disqus comments is not going to be trivial as the API Disqus offers is for PHP and Python only.

Thank you for suggesting that, it is definitely something we will look into and would like to bring a wider audience with some of our evangelists.

Best wishes,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2011 00:00

Hristo,

Thanks for the reply, I'll check out the Disqus documentation. It does look possible and not too difficult.

Cheers

Austin

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

I'd like to see this integration too. The Sitefinity comments functionality is fine for some sites, but for larger community-oriented sites I think Disqus has a lot to offer.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

I'd like to see this also...

CheersRichard

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Richard Cross,

We have included your requests in the queue for small things that will be pushed in our community efforts in the weeks after the Q2 release. Thank you for suggesting it once again, the priority is raised and it will be available soon.

Best wishes,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

That's great Hristo, thanks a lot!

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2017 00:00

Hi Guys, 

I've a question regarding Discuss Comments. Does Discuss work for Python developed websites? I know it works good for WordPress websites. Does need any extra coding to use these comments options.

Thanks in Advance

This thread is closed