Sitefinity ActiveDirectory, OpenID and eCommerce Integration

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:45

Sitefinity ActiveDirectory, OpenID and eCommerce Integration

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

It would be great if users could log into/register for a Sitefinity website using either Sitefinity Default Security, ActiveDirectory or OpenID. This would perhaps encourage greater user engagement with the site by making it easy for them to create an account or login using the most suitable authentication mechanism.

This matter has been touched upon in the forum posting here.
www.sitefinity.com/.../single-sign-on.aspx

Which directs to

danhounshell.com/.../

The Dan Hounsel link is very good and I am sure I can work this out by spending a little time going through the Docs etc. I am already fairly familiar with OAuth.

Gabe Sumner has also given a great Webinar related to these issues at.

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-membership-role-providers.aspx

The above links and webinar give good information but just not quite enough to help me get what I am trying to do across the goalline in as short a time as possible.

My ideal scenario would be to allow internal users to login using active directory, customers should be able to register/login using Sitefinity default membership or OpenID, whatever is best for them. The customer authentication would also integrate with the eCommerce backend, I am currently evaluating my options here, and I am considering using either DotNetStoreFront or the proposed Telerik Sitefinity integrated eCommerce due in version 4.2 (I'd be happy to be a beta tester for this and provide feedback over the next few weeks if that may be useful).

I apologize for asking for so much but it would be fantastic if Telerik could provide us with a clear example of how this would all work!

Thanks and best wishes

Austin

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Austin Dimmer,

I believe you can use an ActiveDirectory through LDAP and make use of it so you can login in the backend using it. As for an OpenID integration we will need to discuss this in more depth with the team management and the sales. It is indeed a very good feature, but I can't give you any time estimate on whether we will implement it or when.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2011 00:00

Thanks for the reply Lubomir,

I am investigating this whole scenario in depth just now, I agree it would be a great feature. It appears that Gigya offer some integration with some PHP CMS systems. It would be nice to see Sitefinity in their list of ready to plug in CMS modules also!

Cheers

Austin

This thread is closed