Frontend editing like Aloha

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:39

Frontend editing like Aloha

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

Just a nice editor I came across:
http://www.aloha-editor.org/demos.php

Would be great to have something like this while doing frontend editing.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

This is truly nice observation, however Telerik is relying on Rad Editor to do this type of frontend editing.
If you have browse and edit activated for you pages ( Administration->Settings->Advanced->Pages -> EnableBrowseAndEdit) you can edit all widgets on a page by moving a mouse to the right border of the browser and click Show Editing Tools.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Yeah, I know. But it would be nice to hav the RadEditor act like this.

Another thing that I found a little distractive is that when you actually do frontend editing, it opens the edit window in a full browser window. It would be nicer if it is a popup/lightbox like editing window.

Regards,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Indeed our front-end editing (Browse&Edit) is basic and we will have on mind your suggestions for improvements.
Initially we will make the front-end editing in lightbox/popup. 

Thank you.

Regards,
Momchil
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed