Apply Button

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:58

Apply Button

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Guys,

This is my first implementation of SF4 and lovin it. Some things I miss from SF3.7 but an overall awesome experience so far. One thing I would love to see implemented which Joomla has is an Apply Button when you are editing an article.

At the moment, you have an Publish button but I don't always want to go back to the Pages page after, I want to keep on the current page I am working on.

So if you could implement an Apply Button, that would be a great "nice to have". Check out Joomla's apply button to see what I mean.

Cheers,
James

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello James@Nw,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, I'm glad to hear about your good impressions from our product. Let me elaborate a little bit on the current functionality we have implemented, maybe you woould find it suitable for your use case scenario, if not, please let me know and I will turn this into a feature request. Since we have implemented ContentLifeCycle for Sitefinity content, whenever you edit a content (e.g. a page) a draft copy is made from the page's master state, and the live version of the page stays intact. While you are working on editing that page changes are applied to the draft copy and you can save these changes to the draft at any time by clicking on save as draft link from the more actions menu. If you click on preview you will see how these changes will look on the live version of the page, so whenever you are done with editing you can press publish and the draft copy will be saved as the new live version of the page. Actually each time you save the draft you are applying these changes to it and publishing the page applies the changes to the live version. I hope this information helps, if this is not the exact functionality that you want implemented, please do not hesitate to let us know, we'll be glad to help you further.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

I would like an "Apply button" on the widget templates

I normally have chrome open to edit the widget markup, and FF open with the resulting page

Since there's no intellisense, and annoying text wrapping in the textbox any small typo can have the template go kaput...

So it sucks to have to click apply, get dumped back to the widget list, click back in, re-find my spot, and continue editing :)

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

I respect this request, indeed such functionality will come in handy when modifying widget templates. I have logged a feature request for such implementation, you can track the item status and vote for it in PITS on this public URL.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed