Dashboard site summary

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:58

Dashboard site summary

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2011 00:00

One feature of Sitefinity 3.7 that we are starting to miss is the summary of site activity on the admin dashboard.

I can appreciate all the help offered to possible beginners of site editors but the value of seeing a snapshot of pages edited, and by whom, was a very useful resource.

To me, the new Dashboard isn't really a dashboard anymore. It's a help screen.

Any plans on getting that back? Or is there a way to re-enable that in the settings somewhere?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Phil Wilson,

You can make minor customization by going to Administration -> Backend Pages.  For now the dashboard cannot be customized as much as the other content.  Personalization feature ( which is quite complex to be included ) will not be implemented before Q2 release. Once it is out you can check our roadmap for the next Q.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

Ok. I can see how you can get into the template for the Dashboard but as far as I can tell, there are no back-end specific widgets to drop onto the page. And, we're definitely not looking to develop a series of custom ones.

Can you point me in a better direction?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Phil Wilson,

As I pointed earlier the dashboard customization feature is not yet fully implemented, so if you want to make some modifications you will have to map a new template.

The Dashboard control is one whole control and if you want to remove the some data you will have to remove the whole control.

You can also download the University Starter kit and explore it. There we have provided custom theme for the back-end.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed