Include RadAjaxManager and Required RadScriptManager

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:52

Include RadAjaxManager and Required RadScriptManager

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2011 00:00

I would like to request additional properties to be added to Page Title & Properties are the following:

1.  Include RadScriptManager "Is Required" property with a checkbox/radio button
2.  Include RadAjaxManager

These additional properties will enable greater leverage of Sitefinity Page Templates without having to resort to creating custom Master Pages in Visual Studio.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Samir Vaidya,

The RadScriptManager already exists as a property of pages (in the Title & Properties section). Also when you develop controls you can decorate them with the bellow attribute to make sure that pages automatically include the RadScriptManager (even if the property is not set), this is what our control do:

[Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.Web.UI.RequireScriptManager(true)]
public partial class TestUC : System.Web.UI.UserControl

As for the RadAjaxManager, I have logged this as a Feature Request and updated your Telerik Points. You can follow the status here.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

If I have a User Control which was created in a separate Web Application project, is there a way to force the requirement of the RadScriptManager without making a reference to the Telerik Sitefinity assembly?  Since I am not deploying the code behind of my User Control in the SitefinityWebApp, I do not have a direct reference to the Telerik Sitefinity assemblies.

Please let me know if there is any other solution for such a scenario.

Thanks. 

Hi,

RequireScriptManager is an attribute, so you need to have a reference to Telerik.Sitefinity.dll to use it.

In our code we get the control type and using

TypeDescriptor.GetAttributes we get all attributes of the class and add the script manager or not.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I would still like to request a feature enhancement to add a field/checkbox for  "Require Script Manager" as part of the "Title and Properties" to Sitefinity Pages to control this setting so that I do not have to add this custom attribute in my User Controls in future releases of Sitefinity.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,

I logged a task about your request. Thank you.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed