Require SSL property for a group of Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 03:23

Require SSL property for a group of Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

I would like the ability to be able to "Require SSL" for an entire group of Pages rather than having to set it for each and every individual page.  In many cases, I want to secure a particular administrative section of the site without having to configure the "Require SSL" setting on each and every single page within the Page Group.

Hello Samir Vaidya,

You can use the Pages API and set the RequireSSL property to true for as many pages as you wish at once. For example:

App.WorkWith().Pages().LocatedIn(Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.Pages.PageLocation.Frontend).ForEach(p =>
                 p.Page.RequireSsl = true; ).SaveChanges();

There are also settings for default page propertiest, so every that you create can inherit and use them by default.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I would like to be able to do this directly through the Sitefinity UI in Title & Properties rather than having to write custom code in order to accomplish this.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Samir Vaidya,

We will try to add such option in the Q3. Most probably we will set it as a configuration somewhere.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2011 00:00

Georgi:
I am looking forward for this new feature in the Q3 release.. It is not a good idea to have the "RequireSSL" at page level only and not at a site level..
Can you please confirm that this feature will be added in Q3?

Thanks,
Ganesh

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Ganesh,

This feature wasn't scheduled for Q3 unfortunately. We suggest using the code above in order to set SSL on all pages automatically.

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2012 00:00

Where can the default setting for SSL be set for new pages created?  I would like to have the SSL checked by default when new pages are created.  I think in 3.x it was done in the web.config under the <cms> section.  How is this done in 4x or 5?

Thanks,
Chris

This thread is closed