Provide Browser Check control

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:14

Provide Browser Check control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

I would like to request a Sitefinity feature for browser version detection which allows one to set properties for browser version compatibility in a manner similar to Yahoo! Mail.  When an end user currently tries to browse Yahoo! Mail with an unsupported browser version, the website returns with a message stating the currently used browser and browser version is not supported.

This is particularly useful when trying to build websites which are modern browser version compliant.  Since IE 6 and IE 7 do not follow Web Standards as closely as IE 8 and IE 9, I would like a way to easily configure my Sitefinity site to block access to users using older versions of these browsers without having to resort to writing custom code to accomplish this.  I should be able to configure accessibility to my Sitefinity web site by selecting from a list of commonly used browsers such as IE, Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Samir Vaidya,

You can use conditional comments to achieve this functionality - please take a look at this article, I believe you might find it useful.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Is there a way to embed these conditional comments for Internet Explorer within a Sitefinity-designed Page Template (without using a Master Page) to achieve this goal of blocking earlier versions of IE from accessing the website?

Hi Samir Vaidya,

You can type the logic inside a Content Block widget, in HTML mode.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed