Export / import data

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 11:17

Export / import data

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

It would be nice if you can export data (content, taxonomy, users, pages, etc) from one Sitefinity website to import into another Sitefinity website. It would be useful for development, demos, and starter kits. As of now, everything has to be duplicated manually if you would like to start off with sample and/or base data.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Basem,

Thank you for contacting Sitefinity support and for your suggestion.
I filed a feature request which you can follow as PITS Issue by its ID: 7445.
Here you can find this PITS Issue: Public URL.

As a workaround I would like to remind you that you can copy the SQL database and website folder so you efectively clone the website and on the cloned website delete what you don want there. This workaround is usefull in the case where you want to export and import big part of a particular site.

Regards,
GeorgePPetrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2012 00:00

The problem with that is you then copy over all the left over junk and problems of your current database.  An export feature would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2012 00:00

duplicate post

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2012 00:00

Hello Rory,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.
I will check if this can be achieved with the new Sitefinity functionality introduced since my last answer.

Greetings,
GeorgePPetrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2012 00:00

Hi,

One new Sitefinity feature that closely resembles what you requested is Sitesync. You may get more information about it from documentation on http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/syncing-of-data 
Since it is not mere database transfer may be the sync will not transfer some of the problems in the present database. If you can provide some issues in this regards please do so.

All the best,
GeorgePPetrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed