Grid Space for Translations in other languages then EN

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:56

Grid Space for Translations in other languages then EN

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

In English there is add, edit which is fairly short.
In German add = Hinzufügen, edit = Bearbeiten

So when your backend is in german the text is so long that your different language option get spaced to two lines.

I vote for having the more width for the translations column. The space to the left is not needed anyhow.
Make it so it will fit at least 5 languages.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

This is not a bad suggestion indeed. However the next step would be when you have 7 languages and the column will be too narrow again :-). Anyway, I made a note about this and I will discuss this with out UX team.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Dear Lubomir

As long as you got space on the left that is not used - make it wider.

It has been requested before that we can change the width of the grid as users.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

I added this in my personal todo list and I will communicate this with our UX team. Thanks again for your suggestion.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2013 00:00

This is another - Sorry this still bothers me post in 6.1

I have a 1920 x 1080 screen and this is what my pages Dashboard looks like in german.

It really would be nice if the backend pages overview page got a little more repsonsive as in Make the Translations colums wider if there is space!

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_responsive_backend.swf

Of course its not your fault that the german language simply uses more letter for the same words.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your valuable feedback again. Actually the main problem is that there are some German words with a lot more letters than the English ones. I will forward your suggestion to our UX team.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed