Heading textbox

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:51

Heading textbox

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Do the items we add to the new page headers cascade?....if not...could there be an option (checkbox) to make the text cascade down to the children?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

I'm not quite following you. Could you explain what you mean by cascade down to the children?

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

If I have a root page where I add a no index (or something)...I want to be able to have that flow down to all child pages in the hierarchy instead of having to remember to keep doing it

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry, I still don't follow. What do you mean by "a root page where I add a no index (or something)"? When you say "cascade" I'm thinking CSS (cascading style sheet) but I guess you don't mean this in your post.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

Yeah I'm thinking of it in the context of parent-child

<root - apply heading>
     <child inherits heading>
     <child inherits heading>
         <child inherits heading, maybe add another>
<root - no heading applied>

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

If I understand you correctly you mean that settings for a parent page to propagate to child pages. In this case this is not possible with one exception - you could create a page template from an external master page and set all the needed <head> tags in the master page. Then all pages that need a specific behaviour could use this template based on the master page.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Right right, I know it's not possible, that's why I would LIKE it to be possible as a PITS feature request :)

...like I can't add the No Robots to my masterpages header...but I do have a whole series of pages I don't want being indexed and it's hard to always remember to set that (have I set it, haven't I, etc)

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Ok, we take into consideration your suggestion in this case. I will communicate your suggestion to our designers team to see if the implementation of such feature would fit our requirements.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed