Telerik Guys: I'm getting upset... (SF users please supp

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:58

Telerik Guys: I'm getting upset... (SF users please support me!)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Telerik guys,

I've been trying to get my site up with "new" sitefinity (4.2) but I'm a little upset and have some words for you. Actually, you can take these as "suggestions", not offending... (yes, I'm angry but still have hopes)

1) As you've release Sitefinity 4.x (4.0, SPs, 4.1, 4.2, ...) please seperate 3.x articles from the support site as they CANNOT be used with 4.2. (I'm really fed up with searching something and going back empty handed as it's for 3.7)

2) Please DO NOT CHANGE programming model again and again between minor releases (please), at least wait for a major release like 5.0. -> This way we can share things between releases...

3) Please FIX OpenAccess as it crashes continually if the system language is TR - Let me share my experience with TR language: DO NOT use  .ToLower() or .ToUpper(), instead use .ToLowerInvariant() and ToUpperInvariant().

4) Share your widgets & modules: You have PITS, 'Format Code Block' library (inside ContentBlockEditor), Forums, KnowledgeBase, Breadcrumbs, a cool menu, ticketing, account operations, etc... WHY DO NOT YOU RELEASE those things? At least share the development steps!

5) Prepare MORE videos for 4.x - please cover as much as you can from developing the "Hello World" to "using Telerik Controls" inside a custom control to "styling widgets using CSS and Firebug etc".

6) WHAT'S A FORM DESIGNER if it does not have the file upload functionality (again, you have this in your own site but not for 4.2!)

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Hey Murat,

Would love to throw support behind you, I've hit frustration level aswell when developing with v4 because it's new and so completely different from the old familiar one...

...but just wanted to point out that your 1st point is actually what's been done at the website.
If you use the search function on the top of the page (next to the menu items) you're using global search for the entire website.

If however you start searching from within the forum (http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums.aspx
) you get the neat filter option you're looking for, which allows you to search for just v4.x or v3.x results.

J.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Murat,

We are really sorry to hear that your frustration is raising. I have shared your feedback with the rest of the team, and I can assure you that we are working towards the goals you have set as well. Let me answer your questions:

1) Jockem is quite right, so big thanks to him! In addition, we are slowly getting 3.x out of the web site, but we cannot do it at once. There are still many many people that use 3.x, plus, we are still supporting it.

2) We are not looking forward to change the API in the near future. We will not do it even for the 5 version. Minor changes to the model can be done, but we will mark the old classes as obsolete. They will still work, but better alternatives will exist. 

3) Thanks for the note on the OpenAccess. Our work with OpenAccess is constantly getting easier and the product is improving. The guys from OA team will be happy to receive your feedback, and I have sent it to them.

4) We have already started to provide examples from Sitefinity itself. In our next SDK version in December, we will provide step by step tutorial on building the Content type Builder module itself. I suggest you, if you like something and need its source, just write back to us and request it. 

5) Point taken.

6) This is in the plans. We might be able to do it for 4.4 in December.

Once again, thanks for your feedback.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

I could not agree more with MURAT!
There was a promise that we will get:
- MultyPage forms in 4.1 (now I don't know where this feature is)
- File upload until December (Are you kidding us) Is it in anyway possible to get file upload functionality before december??
  Maybe you should just post a zip file of the control here and everybody will be happy
- Linking Content iTems with Gallery (gone from list of features)???
And I could go on..
Bugs still everywhere.
We paid for the licence in February and we are still waiting for the release that could actually be used in in production enironment. We feel trapped because of that and also angry.
We spend hours and hourst trying to figure-out why ceratin things don't, work so that later we dicover that it was a bug.
I meean thsi is getting out of control.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Bostjan,

We will provide a KB article on how to create multipage forms, this is currently in progress. As for the File Uploader, of course that there is a solution now. We will just make it better, with support for cropping, resize-ing and so on, so that the content editors can have more control on the uploaded images. 

Please submit a support ticket and cover you why you cannot use your license yet. I am sure that we will do something about it.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed