Secured Pages using simple authen

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:46

Secured Pages using simple authen

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2011 00:00

The login control is great - but only if you have a designer to make it look pretty with the theme. For some of my clients, they want to have one quick and easy secured page that requires authentication. It would be nice, if they could choose to use a simplistic browser-default username/password login instead of having to create a login page and dropping in the login control. 

Here is an example of what I mean:
cs.barracudalabs.net/.../pbs_login_page-resized-600.png

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Conrad Ehinger,

Would you please specify whether you would like to use windows authentication, or your request is for a simple pop-up like authentication form?

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Jen,

It's called Basic Authentication. It just requires a Username and Password. No control is needed - browsers handle the dialog.

http://www.authenticationtutorial.com/tutorial/basic.htm

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Conrad Ehinger,

I have logged your suggestion as a feature request in our system. You can vote for it and follow its progress in our PITS.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed