Predefined selectors for use in backend modules

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:01

Predefined selectors for use in backend modules

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi telerik,

It would be great if we could add predefined selector fields in the backend as a custom field.
Now you can choose for 'Short text', 'Taxonomies' etc., but it would be nice to have also:

- Page selector field
- Image selector field
- Multiple image selector field

Is this something worth for a new feature?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for this suggestion. I will investigate this and probably will write a KB article or a blog post on how to achieve this in the next few days. Thank you again for your suggestion.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

Any update on this? Would be nice to at least have a selector for the image field with use of the new image upload/crop/resize functionality.

Thanks!
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

I am still working on this. I hope by the end of the week I will have a blog post about how to use different selectors. I will see to it to have at least the new image selector described.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

Still busy on the post?
I'm eager to see how I can use this.

Thanks!
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

I'm still on it. I think I will be able to post some posts during the weekend. Stay tuned.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2011 00:00

Thanks for the blogpost.
Would you be so kind to explain how to register this field?

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2011 00:00

Okay, never mind. Found it.
Is it also possible to use the LinkManagerDialog here?

Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.LinkManagerDialog

So that we can also check external websites?

Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Daniel,

I was thinking about that - about making the dialog with two tabs - one for internal site pages and the other for external pages. The problem is how to store the selected value, since we have only one field and we have to distinguish the value stored in it.

You could also check this blog post by Josh Morales:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-10-05/selecting_sitefinity_4_content_inside_widget_designers.aspx

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

I'm curious if you were able to finish your blogposts? Hope so!
Other question: how can we use the pageselector inside the insert/edit views of a custom module?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Daniel,

I'm still working on the next blog post in the series - an image and multiple image selector.

As for your other question - since the PageSelector is just a FieldControl, like any other field controls it may be included in the definitions of your Edit/View views - the same way as, e.g., TextField - either with the new Fluent definitions API or the classic definitions API. A very good example on the latter may be found in the Products or Locations modules from the SDK.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

It would be still a great addition to have the 'Media' type as a custom field available in the other modules. Is this doable? And... is the long awaited blogpost doing okay?

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

It would be still a great addition to have the 'Media' type as a custom field available in the other modules. Is this doable? And... is the long awaited blogpost doing okay?

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

I think I cannot find the blogpost, or you didn't have time to write it?
Could you explain how I can include the 'MediaField' that is available in the Dynamic Modules, in the other modules?

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Daniel,
I'm not sure if you've addressed using the Page Selector from the Insert/Edit views or not, but, I have a working implementation of that in one of my custom modules (Sitefinity 5.0.2500). It is only for selecting in-site pages, however. I would love to see a control that supported both internal and external links, but I understand the difficulties around storing the value.

On my data item, I have a guid called "PageGroupID". In my definitions file, I have the following defined for that field in my Insert/Edit view

var pageGroupField = new PageFieldElement(mainSection.Fields)

ID = "pageGroupField",
                DataFieldName = "PageGroupID",
                DisplayMode = displayMode,
                Title = "PageGroupFieldTitle",
                WrapperTag = HtmlTextWriterTag.Li,
                ResourceClassId = typeof(PartnersResources).Name,
                RootNodeID = Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.SiteInitializer.FrontendRootNodeId,
                WebServiceUrl = "~/Sitefinity/Services/Pages/PagesService.svc"
            ;
            mainSection.Fields.Add(pageGroupField);

Hopefully this will be helpful.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Travis,
Thanks for your reply.

I was addressing the fact that I'd like to use a:
- PageSelector
- ImageSelector
- MultipleImageSelector
- DocumentSelector

inside of:
- Custom Module
- Custom Widget
- As a Custom Field inside built-in modules

Now for the Custom Widget and Custom Field I'm having it all covered. For the Custom Module I was aware of the code you posted. (but still need a solution for using a document selector)

The point is that this are 3 different approaches for the same thing.
I like the Custom Module approach the best :)

Would be great to see the ability to use the 'Media Selector' that is also built in the Dynamic Modules.

Thanks anyway,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2012 00:00

hi Travis

I have tried  Your code but i never get the Guid of selected page i always get empty Guid in my  PageGroupID  property,
any idea on this

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi Tabish,
Hmm, very strange. As long as your ContentItem has a property called PageGroupID, i think it should work. I have this defined in the following way in my ContentItem:

private Guid pageGroupID;

[DataMember, FieldAlias("pageGroupID")]
 public Guid PageGroupID get return this.pageGroupID; set this.pageGroupID = value;

Do you get any Javascript errors?

This thread is closed