/Sitefinity/Licensing?ReturnUrl=%2f

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 02:44

/Sitefinity/Licensing?ReturnUrl=%2f

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Ok, so if I visit the following URL on a new site /Sitefinity/Licensing?ReturnUrl=%2f and type in my login info, it should be smart enough to see the current domain, and pick the proper domain license from my list in the backend instead of just complaining that I have more than one in there, download it manually.

Like if I get to the backend version page and click the upgrade license button it knows the proper license to grab right?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

What you say is correct. The system will recognize your domain and provide you with the proper license for it.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey Victor,
  No what I'm saying is that it DOESN'T :)

On this page: ~/Sitefinity/Administration/VersionAndLicensing
it works perfectly fine

However on this page: /Sitefinity/Licensing?ReturnUrl=%2f
It isn't able to determine domain, and it makes me manually go to my telerik account page to download the license file.  If I try to just enter my username and password it complains that I have too many domains on my account and it doesn't know which one to pick.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

You can use this way of activating Sitefinity only if you have a single license on your account - it is not valid if you have more, therefore you will need to download the license for that particular domain. This is by design. However I have created a feature request in PITS, so our teams can implement a logic where you pick the desired domain or the system itself will recognize and decide which license to be activated.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed