Comments for Documentation

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 03:50

Comments for Documentation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

I would like to suggest adding the ability to comment or at a minimum provide feedback on the documentation to the Sitefinity site.

One of the biggest challenges I face as a Sitefinity developer is the poor state of documentation. Adding comment or at a minimum send feedback functionality to the page would give Telerik the feedback it needs to improve the documentation where it is needed most.

The example that comes to mind for me regarding the inadequate documentation is on the Custom Layout Widgets page.

Specifically the lack of any documentation stating that adding class="sf_colsIn"  is the key to making your custom layout work. Even worse sf_colsIn has to be the first class in the list or the custom layout will work in edit mode but not when the page is on the front-end.

Documentation that provides an example with no explanation or background on to why the example works is unacceptable. If there were the ability to add a comment, i would happily add it for you so that other developers would not have to waste the hours this Sitefinity quirk has cost my team.

JASON CHESTER
Technology Director
rosetta.com

ROSETTA | Pilots, inventors and builders for a connected world.™

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Jason Chester,

Thank you for using our services. First, I want to apologize if you've experienced any inconveniences following our documentation article. As always, we welcome your suggestions about documentation topics you feel we should write or improve. It’s an ongoing quest to provide thorough product documentation, but the more feedback we get, the sooner you’ll see your desired topics. In that line of reasoning, we really appreciate the constructive feedback you've given us about this particular documentation article, please don’t hesitate to let us know how you would like us to extend it, and we'll do our best to address your concerns. Thanks in advance, and looking forwards top your reply.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed