Sitefinity 5.0 Forums Module - "Post As"

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:29

Sitefinity 5.0 Forums Module - "Post As"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2011 00:00

I'm glad to hear that a new forums module is on the list for SF 5.0. One feature that seems to only exist in very custom forums that has a pair of interesting use cases would be the ability to post to a forum either as another user or alias. An active (and popular) example would be the World of Warcraft forums where a user can post as any of their in game characters.

The two cases I see this being useful for are:
1. Game Based Forums - Essentially the World of Warcraft forum example, where a user has a single account but multiple "personalities" (without actually being crazy).

2. Message Delegation - In our particular case a medical school, but it can easily apply to any large enterprise. Similar to e-mails sent "on behalf of" someone else, the ability to delegate message duties to an administrative assistant or a centralized department contact.

I have yet to find any commercially available forums that implement this feature

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Chad,

Thank you for your feedback, it is helpful to see customers perspective during the requirements phase of the project and we are glad that you are taking part in it.

I cannot still promise you that the use cases you have described below will be part of our Forums implementation, but we will do our best to cover the most common scenarios first.

Regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed