Images and Hyperlinks - Titles and Alternative Text

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:28

Images and Hyperlinks - Titles and Alternative Text

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello,

Currently, the title of an image is used as the default content for the title attribute while the alt text is left blank. Would it be possible to switch the default values to place more importance on the alt text? To clarify, I mean fill in the alt text and leave the title blank. Many users may not know that search engines and screen readers rely heavily on the alternative text, as opposed to the title, provided for an image and may be mislead by the fact that it is both empty and below the title text input.

Also, when an image is rendered without alt text, the attribute is left floating in the image tag without explicitly telling the browser it's empty. Would it be possible to change it to output as alt="" instead?

Hyperlinks are a different story, the title attribute can be very beneficial when used on links that use non-descriptive link text. However, to get to this I have to click "More Options" and fill in "Tooltip" input. Could we have this moved up under "Text to display" and renamed to "Link Title"?

Thoughts?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Tim,

I've logged your suggestion as a feature request in our system. You can track its progress, following the PITS link. About your second question:
Also, when an image is rendered without alt text, the attribute is left floating in the image tag without explicitly telling the browser it's empty. Would it be possible to change it to output as alt="" instead?
I believe that's how the alt attribute is rendered already. Please take a look at the attached screenshot.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2011 00:00

Jen,

I viewed the source on a demo page and...you're right. Chrome's developer tools tricked me! :)

Thanks!

This thread is closed