Module Builder API Example

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:05

Module Builder API Example

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

I usually relay on simple examples to see how something is done and can take it from there. I would love a very simple example on how to use the new Module Builder.

Simple Idea
Module Builder let user enter these fields
- First Name
- Last Name
- RadioButton (male, female)
- Birthday

Now I would want to display this data in a RadGrid on the page
- Have the option to filter male, female
- Have the option to search for birthday
- Sorting by Name, LastName, Birthday

I would profit very much from such an small simple example - Just to get the hang of it how to adress the data from API and so.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

I am glad to hear you are using our new module builder. As for your request, we actually have this. Namely, we generate contextual documentation (so the documentation directly related to the module you create - not some abstract concepts) and is available for each  module (in C# and VB.NET). Here I am posting the video that demonstrates this.

We do have the integration example with the grid as well (I think it's the last example). All this being said, the current documentation is not nearly what we want it to be, but it's a very good start in understanding how to work with custom modules built with module builder. Expect a lot more in this area in the coming months.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Ivan Osmak
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2011 00:00

Dear Ivan

Sensational and way more then what I expected!!

One thing. When I create a new template I have two issues

a) when I look at the existing template I see that there is some stuff there that seems to be included. When I select what I want to use it seems to be changing the right part what fields can be added. It would also be nice to give me the default as a starting point. I would have to copy from an existing anyhow.

<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Comments" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<telerik:RadListView ID="dynamicContentListView" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <ul class="sfitemsList sfitemsListTitleDateTmb">
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" />
        </ul>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <li class="sfitem sfClearfix">
            <sf:AssetsField runat="server" DataFieldName="Image" />
            <h2 class="sfitemTitle">
                <sf:DetailsViewHyperLink ID="DetailsViewHyperLink" TextDataField="Title" runat="server" />
            </h2>
            <sf:FieldListView ID="PublicationDate" runat="server" Format="PublicationDate.ToLocal():MMM d, yyyy, HH:mm tt" WrapperTagName="div" WrapperTagCssClass="sfitemPublicationDate" />
        </li>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>
<sf:Pager id="pager" runat="server"></sf:Pager>

b) I created two custom templates they don't show up in selecton nor under Design - Widget temmplates. Bug or am I doing something wrong.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,

There is a bug with the templates, that has already been reported. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Here's the PITS issue link that you can follow: 
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/9018 

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed