Documentation Updates

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:40

Documentation Updates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2011 00:00

Telerik support is amazing and I imagine you guys spend a significant amount of resources answering questions both in the forums and in support tickets.  I would also bet you spend a lot of time answering the same questions over and over again.

It would be great if the answers provided via support tickets, forums and the topics covered in the blog posts made it into the documentation.  When figuring out how to do something I always check the documentation first and then search the forums and blogs.  If it is my lucky day the search terms I used might return articles with relevant information that has not been deprecated.

It seems to me that all the energy Telerik expends answering questions could easily be multiplied by stashing the answer in the online documentation.  Then with each version change, a quick pass thru the documented answers could be performed to ensure they remain relevant and accurate.

I love Telerik products but documentation has always been the weak spot (though over the years it has gotten better).

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you very much for the feedback.
We are glad that you are satisfied with our support services. As for the documentation - we are aware that it is something that requires additional attention from our side. This is why, for the next year, we have planned to update it more regularly and have the whole team participate in this process. We have also planned to write blog posts and KBs more often.
Again, thanks for the feedback - this is very important to us, as it will really help us improve our products.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed