Leverage Site-Sync to have a "Repair"

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:05

Leverage Site-Sync to have a "Repair"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

I think some issues I'm having with my site are related to using the old migration module (rev 1 or 2 before it was integrated)

Since you now have the ability to SYNC everything I was HOPING there was a way to fire up a brand-spanking new SF 4.4 instance and have the content be migrated to a fresh DB using the API (so where direct DB copy might bring over the "issues", using the API and services perhaps might re-insert the content properly I'm hoping).

Wishlist anyway...if it's even doable.

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

We were thinking of the same, by putting the option "Sync everything". This will even not require you to use the API for that.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2012 00:00

Steve, did you try this?  did it work/help as I was thinking of trying the same thing.

Steve, did you try this?  did it work/help as I was thinking of trying the same thing.

I'm working with support to get it working still :/  My DB is too gimpy I think though...blog posts come in all out of order with no comments, and I can't even get to "Pages"

However there are some inconsistencies I need to iron out first I think (project had different appNames, etc)

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2012 00:00

Here is a free site sync module I developed for all editions of Sitefinity

http://www.sitefinitytools.com/site-synchronization-module/ 

This thread is closed