Provide the ability to clone Toolbox Items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 05:23

Provide the ability to clone Toolbox Items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2012 00:00

Currently, when I want to create a new Toolbox item in the Advanced settings, I have to manually copy path information for each and every control that I add even when it exists in the same category of controls.

Therefore, I would like the ability to simply clone or copy existing Toolbox controls as templates so that I can save this redundant typing of path information.  

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Samir,

What you can do is edit your ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/ToolboxesConfig.config and edit the XML there  - this would easily allow you to copy information from existing entries and simply change the name and path to the new item. Please be careful when editing the XML to keep the correct formatting.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Is there any chance to provide a GUI interface to perform these clone/duplicate actions for Toolbox items?

Thanks.

This thread is closed