Memory Usage

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:23

Memory Usage

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

Is there a way to reduce the overall memory footprint for a Sitefinity 4 installation?  Over a 200mb seems excessive for some sites (small blogs, etc...).  I think it would be a nice addition to have some type of profiling and method to adjust what SF stores in memory by default so users could optimize the installation to fit their needs.

Thanks,
Thomas

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Thomas,

Sitefinity 4.x requires 500MB+ application pool memory for the backend pages to function properly. If you have allocated less then 500MB, Sitefinity will work, but you might experience some performance issues when browsing the backend pages of the CMS. This is because all of the modules are put in one assembly - Telerik.Sitefinity, and the whole assembly is loaded into the memory.

What I can suggest you is to review the following page, which provides few tips for optimizing performance:

www.sitefinity.com/.../tips-for-optimizing-performance.aspx

Please note that If caching is turned on then the page output should be many times faster.

You can also have a look at the following thread which holds a similar discussion:

www.sitefinity.com/.../removing-sitefinity-extra-fat.aspx

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Victor what's the latest about the decoupling question. Is it going to happen? If yes, then when? Surely you cant really continue with the current design for much longer. Especially with the agressive feature development and adding approach that you have.

Many thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Andrei,

We have our thoughts in that direction, for sure, but such implementation requires some time and planning. Currently we are planning such feature to be developed in Sitefinity 5.1+.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2013 00:00

We're now going into 6 (I'm in the middle of an implementation of 5.4)... any progress on this?

It makes shared hosting solutions almost an impossibility for Sitefinity.  I have 3 clients on my server, just as testing/demo sites for them [client].[mydomain].com and it's wrecking my server performance.

Maybe if HTML/Image elements weren't embedded into that DLL (and others) as resources, and were put back into the file system so they could be loaded on demand... just because you can, doesn't always mean you should.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2013 00:00

Hello,

In version higher than 5.0 you can reduce the memory footprint by disabling modules that are not needed from the Administartion - Modules menu. This will prevent them from being loaded and will reduce the amount of memory used. Another way to reduce the is to use the High Density Web hosting feature introduced in .Net Framework 4.5:Recommended environment settings for Sitefinity.

The team is working to improve and reduce the memory consumption for future versions.

Greetings,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed