Module Builder relationships

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 00:55

Module Builder relationships

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

I have just had the opportunity to try out the new Module Builder, and I would like to congratulate the Sitefinity development team on doing such a great job implementing this. I had stopped using Sitefinity a while back because it seemed that most projects I worked on required this type of functionality, but I am excited to give Sitefinity another try on my next project. Sitefinity is well on its way to becoming a true Enterprise CMS.

I would like to submit the suggestion that the Module Builder be enhanced to support relationships between modules. You already have the ability to create a lookup field to a classification, but it would be very useful to have a similar capability to add a lookup field to another module. For example, in a SalesPerson module I would be able to add a lookup field for selecting an item in the SaleTerritory module.

Thank you for considering this.

Regards,
Gary

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

I'm almost positive it's on the roadmap but the last thing I heard was they just haven't had time to implement it :)

In 5.0 we're getting delete\import\export...so I'd imagine that would be the next logical enhancement.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

I too will vote for this as being a needed feature. Currently, creating any kind of custom "lookup" field to create a one-to-many relationship between modules is a chore. 

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

I too will vote for this as being a needed feature. Currently, creating any kind of custom "lookup" field to create a one-to-many relationship between modules is a chore. 

This thread is closed