Tag List & Archive Widgets

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:41

Tag List & Archive Widgets

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2012 00:00

I was disappointed and rather shocked that the widgets for Tags and Archive (Blog) do not have built in type, category, etc selection as do other widgets such as the blog one. There is no good quick way to configure these and it just seems like there should be. Most people using the blog module will have more than one blog (heck, SF was designed with that need in mind!) and don't want to automatically include post archives and tag lists from every blog created in SF.

Can we please see this in a future version, soon!?  

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2013 00:00

I second this.  Unless I'm missing the features somewhere it's rather amazing that at version 5.4 I have no way, without programming, to narrow which blog the Tag or category widget pulls from.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2013 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions.

You are right  that you cannot filter the Archive widget to reflect categories/tags for blog posts. There is currently a feature request in for this which you can vote on here.

In the meantime the only viable option is a custom widget. Sel Arom discusses how to implement such a widget in a blog post here.

We don't have a scheduled date for when this feature will be included but it is on our list.

I would also suggest you to review this discussion in our Sitefinity forum.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed