Events list columns

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:02

Events list columns

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2013 00:00

For long events lists that you don't want to paginate, can it be formatted to wrap to two (or more) columns?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Tony,

Can you please clarify in some further details where you'd like to have more event items displayed, so we can give you a better advice?

Please note that the number of items per page can be configured for both backend and frontend, or if the desired functionality relates to a different aspect of the product, please let us know (and possibly provide a screenshot so we can get a better idea).

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2013 00:00

If I drop the Events module onto a page and it has 100 events which all need to be seen, how do I get it to display in two or more columns? Right now the page viewer would have to do too much scrolling. I am a novice at this so I am not sure what frontend and backend mean in this context.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Tony,

We would advice to use paging instead, for both performance and user experience reasons.

Loading 100 items on the page would both provide not very user friendly, as you properly pointed out, and would also affect the page load times. If you use the built-in paging paging instead you will load only the first X items and when the user selects another page from the pager, the next X items will be loaded.

You can configure paging by setting the number of items to be displayed from the Events widget -> Edit -> List Settings -> Use paging

Divide the list on pages up to X items per page.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed