ImageResizer

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:13

ImageResizer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi All,

Why not using "ImageResizer" http://imageresizing.net/docs or something like it on Sitefinity CMS where developer users and designers can modifies there images with no need to create a new image if he want to re-size it.
If I'm a designer and I want to create templates for a news list with thumbs it will be easier for me to attach a query string and I'll get a great result  with a focus on security, stability, and image quality.

Regards,
Mohammad Owidat

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Mohammad,

Thank you for the suggestion!

Out implementation doesn't allow this at the moment. However, we have a really good blog post on how to create multiple versions of an image (different sizes), storing them in the database, and using them later directly with a queryString parameter. I believe you will find it useful:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/boyan-barnevs-blog-/2012/07/18/adding_custom_thumbnails_sizes_for_videos_and_images_in_sitefinity

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2013 00:00

ACTUALLY @Owidat

There's a bunch of us who want this... twitter.com/danielplomp has been activly talking to the developer and he's WILLING to modify his code in order for it to work with sitefinity, but nobody from telerik seems interested in making it happen (not sure if anyone replied to Daniel).  We've been able to kinda get it working with a custom provider...daniel would have the best (latest) code sample for that.

It's such a shame...great tool.

Keep in mind though focus on stability...someone could notice the querystring and hammer your server requesting huge huge images.

Steve

This thread is closed