auto-complete option for search widget

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:05

auto-complete option for search widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2013 00:00

Thanks for your time. I have looked at the auto-complete write-up a few times here: www.sitefinity.com/.../extending_sitefinity_search_functionality_-_autocomplete  and while it looks promising I think this is something that would be good to offer as part of SiteFinity's native features, especially because not everyone working with SiteFinity as an administrator is an ASP.NET developer.

Many search users only have a vague idea what it is they are looking for and the best search engines all provide some asynchronous prompt in response as characters are entered. Offering auto-complete as a search widget option will help give SiteFinity a very marketable and more well-rounded search feature.

My $.02 is to add it as a checkbox option that can be turned on, like in the attached screenshot. If it is a JQuery UI control you might even offer additional settings when enabled, like arguments to pass for the number of suggestions, number of characters user must enter before calling the auto-complete script, etc. Those options might give a user turning on auto-complete some semblance of performance control.

Thanks for the consideration!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Luke,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have logged it into our system as a feature request and additionally I have opened a PITS issue where you can track its progress and vote to increase its popularity. 

Greetings,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed