Promote Scripts and Styles to first-class citizens in the pa

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:36

Promote Scripts and Styles to first-class citizens in the page editor UI

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2013 00:00

Just about every single webpage is built with css\js...however in sitefinity we're relegated to custom scripts and styles having to be inserted with a couple widgets which seem like an afterthought.

You can have 5 Css or JS widgets on one page and have no idea what any of them do unless you open each one (nothing gets rendered)...not even like an Alias\Description field.

Sitefinity makes it really hard to extend a single page...and make it maintainable

Suggestion:
Add a link somewhere in the UI for us to manage the custom scripts and styles for a specific page instead of needing multiple widgets.  Ability to link in files directly (as they do now), write custom rules, etc etc...but the bonus being at a glance you can quickly see that the page has custom rules and what they are....again instead of opening multiple widgets and waiting for the designers to render.

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2013 00:00

Hello Steve,

Why don't you use the advanced options of every page, and include the scripts from there? Screenshot attached.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Not even close fancypants

The problem isn't "how can I include scripts in the header", it's "included scripts and styles are always hidden"

So not only does this keep them way more hidden, but you can't put any of the scripts into the footer (where they should go anyway).  Or it would also mean we'd have to put stuff into physical files somewhere in the root (which isn't a bad idea, but when you just need like 3 lines of jquery sometimes...bit overkill)

Just looking for better per page modifications of scripts\styles.

Steve

...also I would have replied sooner, but I don't appear to be able to log into sf.com on my ipad (safari)...am I alone on that?  Login button just does nothing...

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2013 00:00

Hello Steve,

I've got what you mean about the scripts. I'll log it as a PITS feature request. As for the login, we have similar issue in the Sitefinity login control. Both our web team and product team are notified about this issue.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed