Update widget message message - missleading

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:56

Update widget message message - missleading

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2014 00:00

If you update a module you have built you will be presented with the attached message.

-> If you have made modifications in widget templates they will be lost.

As far as I know if you check the box all widget templates will be changed -> also the once you created from scratch. If I am correct on this I would either

a) change the message to. Alle widget templates for this type will be reset (changed and new/own templates)

b) only the default created templates would be reset.

As the message reads now you could be lead to the conclusion that only the changed widgets would get reset not the once you created from scratch.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2014 00:00

@Telerik

Thank's for the feedback.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Markus,

Yes, the behavior applies to all widget templates forcing them to use the default template (simulates pressing "Restore template to default" function to all templates for this content type), in other words if you have created a template, after selecting "Update widget templates as well" it will contain the default one.

I will forward this to our UX Team.

Your feedback is truly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed